Rod of Discord is a comprehensive D&D helper bot for Discord, intended for use with play-by-post campaigns, but can also be helpful for live campaigns.
/roll 1d20 + 3 # sword attack!You can perform a variety of dice rolls, grouped rolls, advantage/disadvantage, and apply labels!
- Roll Saving:
/saveroll sword 1d20 + 5 # sword attack; 1d8 + 2 # slashing damage=>
/roll swordSave your most used rolls for later as singular or grouped rolls.
- Inline Rolls:
I'm swinging my axe! (/roll axe)Roll inline with your chat for cleaner chat and more role-playing!
- Mobile Shorthand:
- Shorthand Attacks:
/roll 1d20 + 5 # hit; 2d8 + 2 # damageDesigned to use only characters on the number keyboard section of your phone, quickly generate attacks with the minimum information required!
- Shorthand Checks:
/roll 1d20 + 3The quickest way to roll your skill checks!
- Shorthand Attacks:
/npc mychar Hey, I'm talking as this guy!Want to use a custom avatar / name to post as an NPC, or just don't want to replace your global Discord avatar with your player's pic? Our webhook aliasing features will make it easy for you to post as other people, and with a built-in permission system, your DM can make sure no one else plays as you!
/setalias mycharAutoflag all your following chat to be aliased as a particular character so you don't have to keep typing
- Call For Rolls:
/callfor "Initiative!" Roll your initiative guys! @PartyTarget a particular role or users, gather rolls for initiative, group saves, skill checks easily, keep track of who has responded, and keep a log you can check if you think someone rolled incorrectly.
- Call For Votes:
/vote "Fight?" Should we stay and fight? :crossed_swords: :runner:Help your party make decisions by calling for votes with Discord Emoji. You can @ particular people or roles to make sure only the applicable users vote, and they only get one vote.
- See All Commands »
How do I get this bot on my server?
- Click here: http://invite.rodbot.io/
Why does it say [BOT] next to my npcs and aliases?
- I use webhooks to display chat with unique avatars and messages, so it's actually the bot saying it, not you.
Will you join my game?
- Maybe? I definitely won't DM it!
Can I host it myself?
- For now, no. I'm still actively developing it, but there's a decent chance I'll open source it when I'm done, and then you can do whatever you want.
Can I pay you for this?
- In lieu of a donation to me, maybe join or start a D&D game from our LFG section, and enjoy yourself!
I found a bug!
- Please let us know on our Discord about the bug with as much info as you can about how it happened and how to replicate it.